Friday, April 23, 2010

Finally... A Carbon Footprint Calculator I Can Trust!

The past two days have been great, as I returned with fellow IATE alum, Joe Spedding, to speak at Marin Catholic and San Domenico in my hometown of San Anselmo, California. Today San Domenico hosted "Green Scene" in celebration of Earth Day, and I cannot tell you how impressed I was with the amazing efforts the school has made to be sustainable! Solar panels provide 83% of the schools electricity, they compost in the cafeteria, and grow their own vegetables. Truly an example for all other schools and organizations to follow...WELL DONE!

I attended a workshop on carbon footprints led by a researcher from the University of Berkeley, Chris Jones, and am now happy to say that I can recommend a carbon calculator for everyone in the US. It's great because it is detailed and uses benchmarks to show how your footprint compares to others with similar circumstances to yours. Then it helps to create an action plan to reduce your footprint even more! BRILLIANT! I'll work on getting the widget for this blog, but in the mean time...

Calculate your carbon footprint here!

No comments:

Post a Comment