Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's A Small World After All

At work today in my San Francisco office, I was lucky enough to be told by a colleague about a conference at UC Berkeley tonight, featuring Professor John Harte from the Energy Resources Group, and Jamie Henn from 350.org. I went, and as I was sitting there watching Jamie's presentation, BAM!, my own face showed up on the screen! It was a picture from the Times Square rally on October 24th's International Day of Climate Action. I'm front and center with my mom. Seeing the 350.org pictures from all over the world, and then seeing my own face, made the world seem both big and small at the same time. Seeing the pictures again after six months also gave me renewed hope that people can be energized to take action, and that we can make a difference!

Next up: 10/10/10!

http://www.350.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment