Thursday, March 1, 2012

And, I'm off!

It's the day of departure, and excitement is in the air all around me. I can't believe my luck, really.. To be able to do this again, for a third time, is beyond my wildest dreams. I am dedicating this trip to my father, who died 8 years ago tomorrow. Four years ago, I scattered some of his ashes in Antarctica, so to be journeying there on the anniversary of his death is very special to me. Since I'll be sailing through the most treacherous sea passage in the world tomorrow, I hope that he'll be out there somewhere doing everything he can to keep the seas as calm as possible!

Blogging will be difficult on the voyage, but I will try. At the very least, you'll get a bunch of posts upon my return. Last time I was able to upload once or twice so I'll hope for that again. The 2041 team will be using a special satellite system, however, so that blog WILL be updated. Check it out at http://expedition.2041.com/

With that, I'm off!

1 comment:

  1. Any updates? I hope you're having a great time and can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete