Thursday, March 15, 2012

Still inspired, still amazed...

Hello friends...

Hopefully you all kept up with the 2041 Expedition Blog, and got a good taste of all we saw and accomplished these past few weeks. Once again, my mind struggles to grasp the reality of being back in the "real world", as I sit in my New York City apartment, catching up on hundreds of work e-mails and listening to the sound of car horns and sirens invading the isolation I've become accustomed to.

One of the things I love most about Antarctica is that it is never predictable, and like an iceberg, none of my trips have been remotely the same. This time, I watched a leopard seal tease and eventually tear apart a penguin a mere two meters from our zodiac, and I felt very much a part of the dance of a humpback whale cow and her calf, as written about in my previous entry. With a flick of a tail we could have all gone sailing through the air in every direction, yet I've never felt more safe.

I'll post some photos and video in the coming days...thank you for all your well wishes.

Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment